Manager of Field Service
Website International Thermal Systems
ITS is the Place to Work
Manager of Field Service at International Thermal Systems
The Manager of Field Service is responsible for leading a team of qualified mechanical and electrical field technicians within ITS’ Customer Support Services (CSS) Department. This role is essential in establishing and maintaining the ITS reputation for product quality, while consistently expanding our presence in markets worldwide.
- Coordinate and schedule a team of 3-7 or more experienced Field Service Technicians to perform some or all of the following duties
- ITS new product or system installation and commissioning/startup
- Troubleshoot new and existing installed systems
- Provide warranty and non-warranty emergency repairs
- Perform upgrades and retrofits of existing equipment
- Conduct customer-funded audits of installed systems with a focus on reliability, safety an long-term supportability
- Operator training and retraining
- Identify opportunities for additional aftermarket upgrades, parts, service, rebuilds, etc. when evaluating or auditing installed systems.
- Be the primary management face of ITS and the CSS department for the above services, ensuring the customer leadership is informed of the process, progress and results.
- Manage the budgets and schedules for the above services to provide ITS its earned profitability while meeting the expectations of the customer engagement.
- Be responsible for the quality, accuracy, clarity and completeness of the technician’s reporting upon completion of activities.
- Facilitate feedback from the team’s field observations and lessons learned to the ITS organization for continuous improvement in engineering and manufacturing.
- Maintain a positive, healthy, and engaging organizational culture within the Field Service team with a focus on safety, employee satisfaction and engagement.
- Ensure the professional, positive behavior of the team when they are engage with the customers and other ITS employees.
- Recruiting, hiring, periodic performance evaluations and corrective action/termination as needed to maintain a high level of overall team performance.
- 2+ years of leading a team of 3+ technical employees
- Exposure to and an understanding of mission critical industrial equipment
- Project management, specifically prior responsibility for budgets, schedules and quality
- Strong customer relationship skills
- Comfortable driving ongoing sales opportunities as a result of service and audit engagements
- Leadership skills:
- Balance multiple and changing priorities
- Motivate and support a team to maximize their performance
- Maintain a positive, fair, and agile culture and enforcing ITS’ ethics requirements
- High and unwavering integrity
- Familiarity with PLC control and programming
- Experience working as an electrician and/or mechanical installer and/or service provider
- A working understanding of thermodynamics
- Experience with a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system to manage client information, history and service tickets
- 3000 N 114th St, Wauwatosa, WI 53222
- Role involved an average of 25% travel to visit customers and provide an on-site management presence when appropriate.
About the department
The ITS CSS organization is a team of seasoned technical professionals that exist to ensure the ITS customer long term satisfaction and continued ROI of their investment. This department is responsible for the final installation and startup of new (OEM) ITS equipment as well as providing ongoing support and services for the after-installation needs of the equipment. CSS provides all spare and replacement parts, a 24X7 support center to process client needs, a Field Service team to perform commissioning as well as aftermarket repairs, audits, maintenance and upgrades. CSS is dedicated to maximizing the lifespan of the ITS installed equipment through both continuous care and the application of technology modernizations in the field.
ITS is the Place to Work!
Learn more about the benefits of working at ITS!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com