Quality Control Technician
Website International Thermal Systems
ITS is the Place to Work
Quality Control Technician at International Thermal Systems
Under the direction of the Quality Control Manager, the Quality Control Technician will test heat-processing equipment in-house, and at subcontractors, to assure that the equipment meets ITS quality expectations and customer specifications.
- Test industrial equipment, diagnose problems, and offer viable solutions, start up, and/or service ITS or other manufactures’ equipment, and occasionally assist with and or supervise equipment installation and/or start up.
- Perform all functions mechanically or electrically necessary to test the operation and performance of all the equipment that ITS manufactures.
- Define in process quality inspection points (in engineering, production control, procurement, and manufacturing) to improve phase to phase transfer of a project through the ITS value stream.
- Work to envelope a continuous improvement mindset and process to advance the operation of testing equipment prior to shipment.
- Diagnose problems and offer solutions, expedite repairs and adjustments to complete the job in a timely manner.
- Confer with engineering, manufacturing or customer personnel regarding problem definition and solutions.
- Work from complex mechanical and electrical drawings, PLC programs, and with other ITS personnel to ensure the equipment meets customer specifications and ITS Quality Standards while also leading a discipline of root cause analysis to prevent repeated errors.
- Organize work skills and experience of the project labor force to obtain most economical and efficient result to meet quality, artisanship, and conformance expectations.
- Maintain good housekeeping habits and work within ITS safety guidelines and procedures to ensure the safety of yourself and others working in the area.
- Instruct customer personnel as necessary in the operation and maintenance of their equipment, equipment’s components. Offer technical advice to ITS customers internally and externally by phone and or email when required.
- Prepare and maintain reports and records relative to the testing functions of the project. Submit information, timecards, and expense reports in a timely manner.
- Keep the ITS Management apprised of the present condition of the project through daily job board meetings and other communications.
- Instruct the customer and their staff; assist other service personnel on the QC startup of new equipment.
- Write, coordinate, and assemble the ITS Technical Manual available at time of equipment buyoff but no later than the shipment of the equipment, and track data associated with the equipment.
- Create ITS equipment data labels and attach them to the ITS equipment control panel(s).
- Work in an organized manner to meet scheduled commitments and budget.
- Work independently and/or effectively with other department personnel and/or customers in the best interest of the company.
- High School Graduate or GED.
- 5+ years of experience in Manufacturing Quality Control- with exposure to the mechanical/electrical background of thermal processing equipment.
- Ability to work, with short notice, on the weekend and/or a holiday.
- Mathematical skills that require the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to record and log information accurately.
- Effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills are essential.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks in a very fast paced, sometimes stressful environment and possess strong decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in general office related software. (Ex. Microsoft Office and/or MRP/ERP System)
- Demonstrated proficiency in PLC programming for Rockwell, Siemens, and other software packages as deemed necessary per project.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in verbal, written, or a diagram form.
- Associate Degree in Industrial, Electrical, Quality, or Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- 3000 N 114th St, Wauwatosa, WI 53222
- Must travel on a few projects per year to assist with workload.
ITS is the Place to Work!
Learn more about the benefits of working at ITS!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com