Quality Control Service Technician
Website International Thermal Systems
ITS is the Place to Work
Service Technician at International Thermal Systems
Under the direction of the Aftermarket General Manager, the Quality Control Service Technician will test heat-processing equipment in-house to assure that the equipment meets ITS quality expectations and customer specifications in accordance with Company policies and procedures. The technician will provide competent, timely service, scheduled, or as requested, for all makes and models of thermal processing equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may expand to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
1. Test industrial equipment, diagnose problems and offer viable solutions, start up, and/or service ITS or other manufactures’ equipment, and occasionally assist with and or supervise equipment installation/or start up.
2. Perform all the functions mechanically or electrically necessary to test the operation and performance of all the equipment that ITS manufactures.
3. Perform the startup operations to verify equipment performance and conformance to customers’ specifications.
4. Diagnose problems and offer solutions, expedite repairs and adjustments to complete the job in a timely manner.
5. Confer with engineering, manufacturing or customer personnel regarding problem definition and solutions.
6. Work from complex mechanical and electrical drawings, with other ITS personnel to ensure the equipment meets customer specifications and ITS Quality Standards.
7. Organize work skills and experience of the project labor force to obtain most economical and efficient result to meet quality, artisanship, and conformance expectations.
8. Maintain good housekeeping habits and work within ITS safety guidelines and procedures to insure the safety of yourself and others working in the area.
9. Instruct customer personnel as necessary in the operation and maintenance of their equipment, and equipment’s components. Offer technical advice to ITS customers internally and externally by phone and or email when required.
10. Prepare and maintain reports and records relative to the testing, service, and installation functions of the project. Submit information, time cards and expense reports in a timely manner.
11. Keep the Aftermarket General Manager apprised of the present condition of the project.
12. Instruct the customer and their staff; assist other service personnel on the QC startup of new equipment.
13. QC test equipment, work on the shop floor at the factory, or occasionally travel to customers’ sites to preform duties.
14. Write, coordinate and assemble the ITS Technical Manual available at time of equipment buyoff but no later than the shipment of the equipment, and track data associated with the equipment.
15. Create ITS equipment data labels and attach to the ITS equipment control panel(s).
16. Work in an organized manner to meet scheduled commitments and budget.
17. Work independently and/or effectively with other department personnel and/or customers in the best interest of the Company.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- High School graduate or GED. Associate Degree in Industrial, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- Related work experience in a Manufacturing Quality Control environment, usually acquired through 5 years of exposure to mechanical/electrical background in Thermal Processing Capital Equipment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work, with short notice, on the weekend and/or a holiday.
- Ability to travel on a few projects per year to assist with work load.
- Mathematical skills that require the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to record and log information accurately.
- Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks in a very fast paced, sometimes stressful environment and possess strong decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in general office related software. (Ex: Microsoft Office and/or MRP/ERP System)
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in verbal, written, or diagram form.
May be responsible to supervise contracted workers, or other service technicians, during the testing and startup of the equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; talk or hear; and use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. On occasion, the incumbent may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders.
The employee must occasionally lift up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The position is primarily an office-based position with occasional visits to the plant floor.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions, risk of electrical shock, and vibration. The employee occasionally performs work-related travel.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
ITS is the Place to Work!
Learn more about the benefits of working at ITS!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com