Website International Thermal Systems
ITS is the Place to Work
Application Engineer Position at International Thermal Systems
Under the direction of the Application Engineering Manager, the Application Engineer plans directs, and coordinates estimating and quoting for heat processing and process cleaning equipment, using knowledge of engineering and programing, as well as, sophisticated instruments and controls in accordance with Company policies and procedures. The application Engineer can clearly define appropriate technical approaches and solutions to the most mission-critical heat processing or process cleaning challenges.
- Quoting for customer specification, ensuring the equipment concept meets specification, and/or identifying and itemizing the exception(s) to specification.
- Utilize computer-assisted engineering to draw a conceptual sales drawing (2D & 3D CAD tools, AutoCAD, and Inventor) and design software and equipment to perform tasks.
- Generate budgetary proposals, process designs, General Arrangements (Gas), and final bid proposals for use in a sales presentation.
- Communicate directly with the client or sales personnel to acquire additional information.
- Demonstrate consistent professional skills in structuring assigned activities, creativity, teamwork, communication developments, client-changing needs, decision-making, and problem solving.
- Assist Sales personnel in determining customer needs and requirements relative to products and product lines.
- 3+ years of experience in Applications Engineering.
- Previous knowledge of industrial electrical control systems (i.e., PLC, HMI).
- Daily use in 2D & 3D CAD tools (AutoCad and Inventor).
- Fundamental understanding of thermodynamics and fluid flow.
- Experience in bidding/proposal preparation and the ability to read and understand bid/proposal specifications, both from a technical and commercial perspective – as related to Terms and Conditions.
- Ability to learn, understand, and competently communicate complex situations>
- Practical interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, sometimes stressful environment and possess strong decision-making skills.
- Proficiency in general office-related software (i.e. Microsoft Office, and/or Infor CSI)
- Experience with 2D & 3D tool – Inventor.
- 2+ years of experience in working with thermodynamics an fluid flow
- 3000 N 114th St, Wauwatosa, WI 53222
- Occasional short-term travel may be required
ITS is the Place to Work!
Learn more about the benefits of working at ITS!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org