International Thermal Systems is unmatched with a full-time Research and Development Laboratory directed by a US Patent holder with a Ph.D in Thermal Science. Complete heat process tests are conducted in our Research and Development Laboratory to prove and confirm the process parameters prior to engineering and manufacturing. Proprietary heat transfer computer software and commercial CFD software are used to simulate the heating process with proven accuracy. The benefit to the customer is the confirmation of the exact process parameters prior to the engineering and manufacturing of the equipment.
R&D Equipment and Capability
- Gas fired two-zone conveyor oven with adjustable 4-sided air flow up to 6000 FPM and 1100°F
- Belt Washer to test and prove all applications before equipment ships
- Ambient air cooler with adjustable top and side air flow up to 4000 FPM
- ITS patented technology Turbo flow test oven with operating temperatures up to 450°F
- Radiation and Induction heating equipment
- Motor varnish test equipment
- Powder coating equipment
- Weight scale with accuracy of 0.001 grams for solvent, oil spraying/removing applications
R&D Works Closely with Local Universities
Since 2009, R&D is cooperating with UW-Milwaukee on a nanoparticle coating project funded by the National Science Foundation of the United States.