Visit ITS in Booth #124 at the Metalcasting Congress!
Core Wash Drying Ovens work with minimum heat absorption.
The purpose of the Core Wash Drying Oven is to dry core wash coating applied to sand cores. The process will eliminate the space and time required for the ambient air drying of sand cores. Proper air circulation and exhaust sizing accelerates drying time and allows the cores to dry with minimum absorption of heat into the sand core.
Sand Cores come in all shapes and sizes that commonly require a specific impingement air pattern.
Testing with the customer provided cores can be conducted in our R & D lab to prove and confirm the process parameters prior to engineering and manufacturing. Extensive history with testing a wide variety of cores strengthens our ability to size and design a drying oven when the core is not available for testing. An oven designed to your range of core size(s) will result in a highly energy efficient system.
Our robust Core Wash Drying Oven is designed to withstand abrasive foundry environments.
Each Industrial Oven project undergoes a comprehensive evaluation of every production requirement. The assessment includes areas such as production goals, part configuration and construction, part mass, temperature profile, and facility location or elevation.
Core Wash Drying Oven Features include:
- Economical operation is achieved with superior thermal process engineering practices that apply state-of-the-art insulation material, airflow management, and custom programming.
- Recirculation fans with high efficiency motors to reduce energy consumption.
- Recirculation ductwork designs provide precise airflow to specific areas of the product resulting in smaller foot print ovens thus reducing utility and factory space costs.
- High-efficiency (gas or electric) heat sources to reduce energy costs.
- Robust structural oven frames and component supports.
- Application specific insulation materials are selected to provide optimum insulating characteristics and long term energy savings.
- Design considerations for easy access to process areas and oven components.
- Private labeled and purchased components meet UL, UR, and CE standards.
- Programmable controllers with HMI (Human Machine Interface) displays allow for user friendly operation and machine diagnostics.
- NEMA style control panels.
- Factory tested to ensure on time delivery and field start up.
- 24/7 factory direct technical service and spare parts group.
- Inert atmosphere ovens and furnaces.
- Can construction oven and furnace bodies.
- Exhaust air to air heat recovery systems.
- Thermal and regenerative oxidizers.
- Industrial computers with Ethernet for remote diagnostic and communication capabilities.
- UL or CE certified control panels or complete systems.
- PE certifications to meet a variety of client or government specific requirements.
- Advance thermal, vibratory, and dB testing with certification.
- In-house laboratory featuring a custom test oven and other related thermal equipment.
- Factory direct installation services.
- Conduct an energy efficiency analysis on the existing thermal processing equipment.
- Upgrade for all makes and models of thermal processing equipment to meet today’s process, energy, and government standards.
Each Core Wash Drying Oven is designed for the specific application and environment.
Typical Heat Processing Application(s)
Core Wash Drying Ovens are used to dry core wash coating applied to sand cores.
Temperature Rangesup to 400°F (204°C)
Power Source Options
- Main Power Supplies 208 to 690 Volt AC, 50 and 60 HZ
- Control Voltage 24 Volt DC or 120/220 Volt AC
- Natural Gas
- Fuel Oil
- Other Fuel Mixtures
Material Handling Options
- Belts: Flat Wire, Balanced Weave, Mesh
- Chains: Horizontal, Slat and other attachments
- Heavy gauge Aluminized Steel
- 304, 316 Stainless Steel or other Nickel Alloys for temperature and corrosion resistance
- High-Density energy-saving insulation
- Panel or can type construction available
- Access to the interior of the oven, fan, and heating chamber
International Thermal Systems is a proud member of the American Foundry Society