Application Engineering Supervisor
Join ITS! We are currently searching for an Applications Engineering Supervisor to manage the Applications team and processes.
Under the direction of the General Manager, the Application Engineering Supervisor plans, directs and coordinates estimating and quoting functions for heat processing and process cleaning equipment, using knowledge of engineering and programming as well as sophisticated instruments and computers in accordance with Company policies and procedures. The Application Engineering Supervisor provides technical and administrative guidance through consultation with engineering, sales, manufacturing and R&D and is capable of clearly defining appropriate technical approaches and solutions to the most mission critical heat processing or process cleaning challenges.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may expand to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
1. Direct and supervise the work of a highly technical group of applications engineers.
2. Interact with the executive team on strategic direction, roadmap and progress.
3. Work with the general manager to hire, train, develop and evaluate staff.
4. Responsible for quoting to customer specification, ensuring the equipment concept meets specification, and/or identifies and itemizes the exception(s) to specification.
5. Utilize computer assisted engineering tools to draw a sales conceptual drawing (2D & 3D CAD tools, AutoCAD and Inventor – CFD), design software and equipment to perform tasks.
6. Generate budgetary proposals, process designs, General Arrangements (GAs) and final bid proposals, for use in a sales presentation.
7. Communicate directly with client to acquire additional information.
8. Consistently demonstrates professional skills in structuring assigned activities, creativity, teamwork, communication developments, client changing needs, decision-making and problem solving.
9. Assist Sales personnel in determining customer needs and requirements relative to ITS products and product lines.
10. Maintain accurate, legible records and documentation adhering to scheduling and procedures.
11. Interface with Project Engineering, Manufacturing and Purchasing, on a regular basis.
12. Adhere to established standards, policies and procedures to complete work assignments.
13. May be required to travel short term.
14. Generate an applications schedule and report responsibly on the status of RFQ progress.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
• Bachelor Degree in Mechanical/Structural Engineering, or equivalent.
• Related work experience in a Design Engineering environment, usually acquired through 2-5 years of exposure to electrical controls, heat processing equipment or related estimating experience.
• Experience in or exposure to the engineered-to-order heat processing equipment for a variety of industries is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Familiarity in industrial electrical control systems. PLC, HMI, etc
• Proficiency in 2D & 3D CAD tools (AutoCAD and Inventor – CFD a plus)
• Fundamental understanding of thermodynamics and fluid flow
• Experience in bidding/proposal preparation and the ability to read and understand bid/proposal specification, both from a technical perspective and commercial perspective, as related to contractual terms and conditions
• This is a technical position and an ability to learn, understand and competently communicate complex situations is required.
• Mathematical skills that require the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Ability to record and log information accurately.
• Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential.
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks in a very fast paced, sometimes stressful environment and possess strong decision-making skills.
• Demonstrated proficiency in general office related software. (Ex: Microsoft Office, and/or MRP/ERP System)
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in verbal, written, or diagram form.