Website International Thermal Systems
ITS is the Place to Work
Under the direction of the Electrical Supervisor, the Pipefitte4r A ensures all plumbing and piping systems are planned, laid out and installed to produce quality products in an efficient and cost effective manner in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Communicate with the Engineering personnel regarding the project status or irregular situations.
- Document situations and file pertinent information regarding project (for future job reference and improvement) in job folder.
- Participate in the layout process with Electrical I/C Lead Person.
- Work with drawings, blueprints and burner schematics, performs a variety of duties to layout and install gas, oil, air and water plumbing and piping, utilizing available space for best workmanship and results, on regular and complex oven systems.
- Select, measure, cut, thread, form and install piping, fittings, valves, meters and gauges per order specifications.
- Operate thread cutting machine to cut threads in piping
- Deburr threads and applies thread-sealing compounds; operates welder to weld pipes, secure attachments, etc.
- Assist in the testing of units and sub-units as required
- Schedule work and assign employees to best utilize man-hours and skills available in conjunction with production orders.
- Maintain work area in an orderly and safe condition.
- Attend classes or seminars to remain current on technical aspects of all phases of responsibility.
- 5+ years of exposure in pipefitting operations
- 3+ years of exposure related to heat processing equipment
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, blueprints, and procedure manuals.
- Proven ability to operate pipe-cutting equipment per specifications
- Mathematical skills that require the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to record and log information accurately.
- Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks in a very fast paced, sometimes stressful environment and possess strong decision-making skills.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in verbal, written or diagram form.
- Pipefitting Journeyman status or the equivalent preferred
- 3000 N 114th St, Wauwatosa, WI 53222
- Occasional, but rare work-related travel
ITS is the Place to Work!
Learn more about the benefits of working at ITS!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org