The production scheduler role is critical to ensuring we exceed our customers’ expectations, maximize the throughput of the plant, reach our forecasted revenue and profitability targets and efficiently and effectively utilize available resources.
The production scheduler maintains the master production schedule, understanding and incorporating customer expectations, quality standards, capacity and capacity constraints. The production scheduler will also ensure appropriate alignment of resources to meet the production schedule, including personnel, inventory and outsourced suppliers, and will work closely and communicate effectively with management, operations, engineering, customer support and accounting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may expand to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
• Review and maintain the master production schedule in order to meet customer expectations, quality control standards and sales forecasts while ensuring the most efficient and cost effective use of resources;
• Facilitate regularly-scheduled production meetings and resolve issues as necessary. Work with engineering director, plant manager and manufacturing supervisors to obtain feedback regarding production status;
• Understand capacity and internal capacity constraints to ensure appropriate outsourced suppliers and resources are available on a timely basis to meet production schedule. Identify and resolve bottlenecks, supply shortages, work force issues, capacity constraints and other issues that inhibit execution of the production schedule;
• Work closely with engineering to ensure that orders are effectively released to the plant floor with the necessary drawings and information;
• Work closely with purchasing to ensure the necessary materials and manufactured parts are available and released in accordance with production schedules;
• Ensure the necessary order and schedule information is timely and accurately entered into the ERP system and updated as necessary on a real time basis;
• Work closely with the shipping department to ensure timely and accurate transit of finished goods to customers;
• Communicate the status of the production schedule to all levels of the organization on a regular basis;
• Keep sales and customer support closely informed as to customer orders and delivery schedules;
• Work closely with accounting to ensure timely and accurate customer billing in accordance with agreed-upon terms;
• Seek out opportunities for continuous improvement and efficiencies;
• Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Degree in operations management or similar field
- Minimum 5 years of experience in production planning and scheduling
- CPIM certification a plus
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Prior experience in a fast-paced, capital equipment manufacturing environment preferred
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong, clear and effective written and verbal communication skills with the ability to be a key influencer throughout the organization.
- Proficient computer skills including knowledge of ERP systems and MS Office suite.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to multi-task is a must
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; talk or hear; and use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. On occasion, the incumbent may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The employee may be exposed to outside weather conditions, risk of electrical shock, and vibration. The employee may perform work-related travel on occasion.
The noise level in the manufacturing area is usually loud.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to email@example.com.