Website International Thermal Systems
ITS is the Place to Work
Under direction of the Fabrication Supervisor, the Fabrication team operates equipment to construct the components to produce quality products in an efficient and cost-effective manner in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
1. Interface with engineers and management personnel prior to and during the assembly process.
2. Set up and operate or all of the following fabricating equipment: punches, notcher, CNC plasma cutters and Shear
3. Lay out and assembles equipment guards.
4. Perform minor machine maintenance, such as greasing and oiling.
5. Assist with the unloading of trucks.
6. Attends classes or seminars to remain current on technical aspects of all phases of responsibility.
7. Performs other duties as needed, including any of a lower classification.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
• High School graduate or GED. Technical Certification in related field preferred.
• Related work experience in a Fabrication environment, usually acquired through 2 years of exposure.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, blueprints, and procedure manuals.
• Proven ability to Set up and operate all of the following fabricating equipment: Punches, Notcher, CNC Plasma Cutters and Shear
• Mathematical skills that require the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Ability to record and log information accurately.
• Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential.
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks in a very fast paced, sometimes stressful environment and possess strong decision-making skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; talk or hear; and use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. On occasion, the incumbent may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders.
The employee must occasionally lift up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions, risk of electrical shock, and vibration. The employee occasionally performs work-related travel.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.