International Thermal Systems has an immediate opening for an Application Engineer for our Industrial Products division in Milwaukee, WI. This is a fast-paced, technical position with the equipment leader in the heat processing industry.
Application Engineer Position at International Thermal Systems
International Thermal Systems has an immediate opening for an Applications Engineer in our Industrial Products division.
Under the direction of the General Manager, the Application Engineer plans, directs and coordinates estimating and quoting functions for heat processing and process cleaning equipment, using knowledge of engineering and programming as well as sophisticated instruments and computers in accordance with Company policies and procedures. The Application Engineer is capable of clearly defining appropriate technical approaches and solutions to the most mission critical heat processing or process cleaning challenges.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may expand to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Responsible for quoting to customer specification, ensuring the equipment concept meets specification, and/or identify and itemize the exception(s) to specification.
- Utilize computer assisted engineering to draw a sales conceptual drawing (2D & 3D CAD tools, AutoCAD and Inventor – CFD), design software and equipment to perform tasks.
- Generate budgetary proposals, process designs, General Arrangements (GAs) and final bid proposals, for use in a sales presentation.
- Communicate directly with client to acquire additional information.
- Consistently demonstrates professional skills in structuring assigned activities, creativity, teamwork, communication developments, client changing needs, decision-making and problem solving.
- Assist Sales personnel in determining customer needs and requirements relative to ITS products and product lines.
- Maintains accurate, legible records and documentation adhering to procedure.
- Interfaces with Project Engineering, Manufacturing and Purchasing, on a regular basis.
- Adhere to established standards, policies and procedures to complete work assignments.
- May be required to travel short term.
- Reports responsibly on the status of RFQ progress to meet schedules.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical/Structural Engineering, or equivalent.
- Related work experience in a Design Engineering environment, usually acquired through 2-5 years of exposure to electrical controls, heat processing equipment or related estimating experience.
- Experience in or exposure to the engineered-to-order heat processing equipment for a variety of industries is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Background in industrial electrical control systems. PLC, HMI, etc
- Proficiency in 2D & 3D CAD tools (AutoCAD and Inventor – CFD a plus)
- Fundamental understanding of thermodynamics and fluid flow
- Experience in bidding/proposal preparation and the ability to read and understand bid/proposal specification, both from a technical perspective and commercial perspective, as related to Contractual Terms and Conditions
- This is a technical position and an ability to learn, understand and competently communicate complex situations is required.
- Mathematical skills that require the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to record and log information accurately.
- Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks in a very fast paced, sometimes stressful environment and possess strong decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in general office related software. (Ex: Microsoft Office and/or MRP/ERP System)
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in verbal, written, or diagram form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; talk or hear; and use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. On occasion, the incumbent may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders.
The employee must occasionally lift up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The position is primarily an office-based position with occasional visits to the plant floor.
Download the Application Engineer Job Description.
Learn more about the many benefits of working at ITS! We offer a complete benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision insurance along with tuition reimbursement and flexible scheduling.
Apply online on our website. Join the best at ITS!